Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Let's Talk About Yesterday

Okay, so partly to see my friends more, and partly to show my amazing reading skills (Yeah!) I signed up for this book club thing at my town library. I mean, I really like to read and stuff, but it just seemed like none of the other kids were interested in reading at all. For example, the last book we had to read was called I Am the Messenger. I had joined late, but I had remember trying to read the book a couple years ago. I didn't like it much, and because I was reading it on my own terms, I put it down. I just couldn't get into it. Now, if it had been for the book club, I think I would have sucked it up and just read it. But most of the other kids (except maybe two) just stopped even shorter of where I did. Some of them made it a chapter farther, but not by much. It just kind of made me upset to see that they weren't taking it seriously. Oh well, it is free. It's not like I'm going to quit because of it; I'm a late joiner, which probably brings me down a notch, plus I already promissed the nice woman I'd come back... Serves me right.

The next book is some Sarah Dessen book. I don't particularly like her style of writing (or should I say "formula books"), but, as I said before, I'm going to suck it up and read it.

No comments: