Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh, my math teacher...

Oh my goodness. So in honors Pre-Calc today, we were all toast, all twenty of us. Many of us just had a drilling English period before this and the seniors I know just had some kind of test. So, she was trying to get us to derive one equation from another. I knew it could be done, we'd done it before; but I just couldn't pay attention! None of us were into the class that day like we usually were, or at least I usually am. I was staring at the clock waiting to leave, even though there were twenty minutes to go. Anyway, she totally flips out. She tells us we're the worst honors class she's ever had, and that none of us are going to succeed except for two of us. That we won't get into the AP Calc class because we don't like to work, except for those two that she talked about before. It's like a clone of my mother every fifth period; I thought I could go to school and escape her!

So, anyway, my friend and I get into our next period class. And we're both saying, "No, she meant you," about the 'special two people' thing. We're jealous of each other for no reason at all.

Also, our school is going to participate in a campaign for Aveda where we collect caps to recycle, and I'm apparently in charge of getting it started. I know it will look good on college apps, at least that's what my teachers tell me, but I have all this weight on my shoulders right now! To an outsider, filling out a small form and talking to teacher may not seem like much, but once the ball gets rolling, I know other people will want to talk to me. Or what if they make fun of me! Everyone already calls me a tree-hugger, just because I always throw my plastic in the recycle buckets, and am a vegetarian. It's just... None of them understand that if we don't take care of the earth we live on now, we won't be getting another one.

No comments: